Welcome to Discovering Belgium! This personal blog covers a wide variety of topics to help you explore this fascinating country. What can you find here? There are five main topic areas:
- Over 200 country walks. These vary from short, family-friendly walks (e.g. 5 to 8 km) to more demanding hikes (up to 24 km). All are categorized per province and include directions to the starting point, public transport access, downloadable maps and GPX tracks, and points of interest along the way.
- Cities & towns: Ideas to explore some of Belgium’s cities like Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Mechelen or Leuven, or smaller towns like Ypres, Dinant, Tielt, Diest, Ostend.
- History where you can find articles on a variety of topics relating to Belgium. I have a special interest in the First and Second World Wars. In Remarkable Belgians you can discover life stories of some interesting Belgians. And don’t forget to check out “On This Day in Belgium“, a page that highlights key events per day that have occurred in Belgium since the country was first established in 1830.
- A number of quizzes will test your general knowledge of Belgium, or on specific topics like Belgian beer or Belgian chocolate.
- The nature of Belgium, including recent news and nature reserves to visit in the country.
I hope you find this blog useful and interesting. And that you enjoy Discovering Belgium, whether you are here for a few days or many decades!
If you have a comment or question about this blog or an aspect of Belgium, you can always contact me. Denzil
Follow Discovering Belgium
Get all new posts straight into your inbox. Just add your email below: